How Well It Works
In studies, laser surgery removed warts in about 20 to 40 out of 100 people. But warts may return after surgery.1
Laser surgery is a safe treatment for pregnant women.
Laser surgery may cause any of the following:
- Pain, swelling, or itching
- Discharge from the vagina or penis
- Sores in the area treated
- Tissue that sticks together
- Shedding of dead tissue
- Urination that occurs in a wide, spraying stream, for treatment done in the urethra. Scarring of the penis is a possible side effect that can result in problems with urination or erection.
Primary Medical ReviewerSarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerKirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Current as ofNovember 14, 2014